THREE WEEK COURSE
Designed to give a comprehensive introduction to bowls – enabling a newcomer to gain the skills and knowledge to join, enjoy and take a full part in the Rushcliffe Indoor Bowls Club.
Three weeks of two-hourly sessions cover:
* the game, the rink and equipment
* a demonstration of suggested simple warm up activities
* an explanation of the bowls and some other equipment
* the correct grip and delivery and why it is important
* a description and practice of bowls shots
* activities to help you improve
* some rules and the importance of etiquette
* practice games
Casual dress is OK but you will need flat soled shoes or thick socks. You can borrow bowls at the Arena. Bowls is a suitable game for almost any age – from about nine years old upwards (ie when the child can handle ‘junior’ sized bowls).
Our coaches, Fran Lloyd, Michael Chamberlain and Kath Drew, are Bowls England / English Indoors Bowls Association qualified coaches and can help new and existing bowlers alike. Fran and Michael also have experience of disability bowls coaching.
The cost will be £30 each … dates to be fixed when numbers are known. Please leave your name and contact details at the Club Desk or Reception for more details.